Corporate and business law
In the area of Corporate and Business Law, the office operates in:
- Business consulting in order to be civil and commercial companies, foundations, associations, joint venture, e-commerce and other forms of organization for business operation, activities and enterprises;
- Creation of social contracts to limited liability companies, as well as bylaws, minutes of shareholder´s meetings and of meeting, and other corporate documents;
- Advice and assistance in business planning and corporate activities in general;
- Guidance and advice for purchase and selling of companies, including spin-offs, mergers, acquisitions and corporate liquidations;
- Advice on legal obligations of the daily lives of companies, such as tax and labor issues;
- Advice on purchase and selling of equity investments, industrial or commercial establishments, trade names, domain names, brands and other business operating assets;
- Monitoring and filing of shares of total dissolution of companies;
- Consulting and advisory services involving civil liability of partners/directors and shareholders of companies due to acts to the detriment of the company.
Foreign partner representation in Brazil
According to Brazilian law, any person or entity, incorporated and with
address abroad needs to constitute Brazilian prosecutor with address in the
country, so it may be a partner or owner of shares of Brazilian companies. Thus,
the office offers all the legal representation and support, so that the foreign partner
may conduct business in Brazilian territory. The activities include:
- Receive service of process, as provided for in Article 119 of Law 6404/76.
- Represent the Grantor before government agencies of Federal, State and Local Instance, as well as to any other public or private entity, including, but not limited to the Internal Revenue Service of Brazil, the State Departments of Finance, Estate of Municipal and custom house of port authorities, Municipalities, Central Bank of Brazil and DECEX - Department of Foreign Trade.
- Take any action and sign any documents, requests, letters and receipts that may be necessary for the registration and maintenance of the Grantor of registration with the National Register of Legal Entities (CNPJ/MF) of the Internal Revenue Service of Brazil and manage Grantor's assets in Brazil in accordance with the Instruction 1,183 / 1,210 / 1,398 / 1,429 of the Federal Revenue of Brazil, or any additional amendment or legislation that replaces it.
- Sign any document that may be requested by any body or federal, state or municipal department, including custom house and the port authorities, in association with any given process related to RADAR (Registration and Stakeholder Customs Practice Tracking), SISCOMEX (Foreign Trade Integrated System) and DECEX (Foreign Trade Department).
- Advise and provide legal advice to the foreign partner in the areas of actuation of the office.